Acquired resistance to IDH inhibition through trans or cis dimer-interface mutations

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

wuffy68
Hardware configuration: 1x nVidia 1080Ti, 1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060, 1x nVidia 750Ti, AMD Radeon R7 M460

Acquired resistance to IDH inhibition through trans or cis dimer-interface mutations

Post by wuffy68 »

Recently, I was watching a 2020 Tedx talk by Dr. Christal Sohl (of San Diego State University) that mentioned recent drug discoveries related to IDH and cancer therapeutics. My best guess is, she was talking about Eli Lilly's IDH1/2 Inhibitor LY3410738 (but the talk doesn't mention the company or drug by name).

I also noticed Folding@home listed a paper back in 2018 called: Acquired resistance to IDH inhibition through trans or cis dimer-interface mutations. Dr. Chodera of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center was one of the co-authors.

My question is two-fold ...

1. What role did Folding@Home play in that research, since it doesn't seem to mentioned FAH explicitly?
2. Which of the more than 150 citations of the paper re: isocitrate dehydrogenase 2 gene (IDH2) might have been part of new drug discoveries?

I think connecting the dots (if there are any to connect) could really help super-charge public exposure - and get more folding done.

Thank you.

Edit: Added the possible drug company and drug compound
1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060 3g,
1x nVidia 970, 2x nVidia 960,
1x nVidia 555, 1x AMD R7, 2x AMD 295,
6x i5 CPU-only rigs