Hardware configuration: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.6Ghz
Mobo: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K3
RAM: 32GB @ 3200Mhz
Graphics: Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
Storage: 500GB SSD (OS), 1TB SSD, 6TB HDD

Unable to Upload Completed WU

Post by Mr Veers »

Hi There,

I've gone through the troubleshooting steps and can see other reports for some of these servers, but I wanted to raise a topic just in-case I did miss something on my end.

I have 9 WUs pending submission but they are unable to reach the WS or CS. I can ping and visible them all successfully, and the Server Stats page indicates they are online as well. The longest pending of these has over 94 sending attempts.

There have been no network changes on my end, no new anti-virus/etc application changes either. I have managed to successfully submit 2 units in the last 7 days. Any thoughts on what might be occurring?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Unable to Upload Completed WU

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

The WU highlighted in your screenshot has already uploaded successfully:
Hi Alq_Veers (team 236077), Your WU (P18202 R5346 C1 G12) was added to the stats database on Invalid Date for 67770 points of credit.
So has another WU listed:
Hi Alq_Veers (team 236077), Your WU (P18202 R12631 C1 G15) was added to the stats database on Invalid Date for 67770 points of credit.
It appears the acknowledgment packets that a WU upload has successfully completed are not getting back to your system. This can be local to your system, or happen because the packets were dropped anywhere between the server and your system. Load settings by some routers may do this, they consider HTTP ACK packets as less important to transfer.

Locally people have reported that resetting their router fixed this. Other possibilities include anti-virus/anti-malware that has recently updated and changed settings, MS Defender has been known to do this. If you were in Europe I would ask if you were using a Fritz!Box as your router, their default settings can cause the same problem.

If the problem is not local to your system or your network connection it is harder to diagnose and get things working normally again.

You can check the upload status of WUs by using this app - https://apps.foldingathome.org/. You can either enter the PRCG numbers directly into the fields or copy and paste from the log into the first line. With the client paused, then delete the folders from the "work" directory in the F@h data directory numbered the same as the WUnn shown in the log. Unpaused the client will stop trying to send those, that can make it more likely for the remaining WUs to upload.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Mr Veers
Hardware configuration: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.6Ghz
Mobo: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K3
RAM: 32GB @ 3200Mhz
Graphics: Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
Storage: 500GB SSD (OS), 1TB SSD, 6TB HDD

Post by Mr Veers »

Thanks Joe_H,

Sorry, I read your post and completely forgot to reply. Sincerest apologies for being so neglectful.

I still need to take a look with deleting folders if that makes any difference, but otherwise haven't found any changes to my local network that might cause problems. I do recall seeing a setting regarding ACK but I've never changed it, might take a closer look this weekend.

But as long as the WUs keep getting the results through, I hate the idea of failing to contribute when the work is sitting there.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Search in the forums for "Received short response" and "Kaspersky". This error is usually because of your security software or router (like Fritzbox) messing with FAH network packets when trying to analyse them, so you have to find how to disable this feature for FAH network traffic.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.