HELP! Setting up F@H in Unraid Docker for a dummy

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

bfe

HELP! Setting up F@H in Unraid Docker for a dummy

Post by bfe »

Hi everyone,

I am not a linux user by any means so please forgive any mistakes. I have unraid installed on a machine with folding at home running in a docker (from repository: "lscr.io/linuxserver/foldingathome" installed from the unraid community apps)

F@H has detected my CPU and GPU no problem. The CPU is chugging away happily. The GPU is less happy... in the console looks like this Image and in the advanced control looks like this Image

Checking the logs I can plainly see that it recognizes the card but has no "open CL" to run the card.
WARNING:FS01:No CUDA or OpenCL 1.2+ support detected for GPU slot 01: gpu:2:0 Tonga PRO GL [FirePro W7100]. Disabling.
At this point I am at the limit of my knowledge and I would appreciate a step by step tutorial of how to get this GPU folding.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: HELP! Setting up F@H in Unraid Docker for a dummy

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

What version of Linux do you have this running on? You also need to have the AMD proprietary drivers and support packages for OpenCL installed, folding does not work on the open source drivers.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
bfe

Post by bfe »

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply.

I’m running unraid directly on the machine, and have F@H running through a docker container that was sourced from the “community apps” that come with unraid. I’m not running any other OS at this point.

I’ve downloaded the amd drivers that are appropriate for this GPU, but don’t know how to “install” them. I come from a windows background so this is all new to me.

Thanks again
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

I currently don't have a Linux system active, so can't check out details of instructions. However here is a link to the official F@h docker for AMD that includes ROCm support that include support for your FirePro - https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/contai ... ah-gpu-amd.

There are separate dockers supporting Nvidia and AMD GPUs. Is it possible the docker you installed is for Nvidia? Hopefully someone who has experience with installing the F@h docker will come along and post some further information.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3