Can't download new WU

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Brian_S_Wilson

Can't download new WU

Post by Brian_S_Wilson »

For the past several weeks I've been unable to get more than one or two WU downloaded on my system. I'm running version 7.6.21 and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I have an eight core Xenon machine with plenty of free disk space and memory, but the log says ...

03:34:33:WARNING:WU02:FS03:Failed to get assignment from 'assign4.foldingathome.org:80': No WUs available for this configuration
03:34:33:ERROR:WU02:FS03:Exception: Could not get an assignment

I've tried changing projects to "Any disease" and still nothing will download. Until recently, I've always been able to keep the system busy running jobs.
I've made no changes to the system recently and I've added no new software or security to the system. I'm growing frustrated with this project as I had wanted to contribute to the Covid research as this is what killed my father. If the FaH doesn't work, I'll look for somewhere else where I can donate the computer time or just stop wasting electricity for one or two jobs every couple of days. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Can't download new WU

Post by toTOW »

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.