Selecting 'Diabetes' leads to no new work

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Dayle Diamond

Selecting 'Diabetes' leads to no new work

Post by Dayle Diamond »

23:26:53:I1:OUT228:< assign5.foldingathome.org:443 HTTP/1.1 500 HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

23:26:53:E ::WU489:HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR: {"error":{"message":"'diabetes' not in CausePref enumeration"}}

After switching my cause preference to Diabetes, my computer stopped getting new work, with the two lines repeating endlessly in a loop.

Currently running 8.1.16

Switching to 'Any' did not resume the flow of work units.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Selecting 'Diabetes' leads to no new work

Post by toTOW »

It looks like a bug, open a ticket here : https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-cl ... tet/issues

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
dbpinochle

Post by dbpinochle »

I am seeing the exact same thing. I had selected "Parkinson's" and It began churning away at working on nits. Suddenly it stopped and picked up nothing else. When I changed "I support research fighting" to any other selection or to "Any disease" the only thing I see is a quick flash of "Loading..." but there is no action taking place as far as loading a unit of work. I am working on a Mac but do not know how to find the version. How do I resolve this?
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

When you change a preference it's best to restart the client.

Easy way ... reboot.

p.s. diabetes is not in the supported cause list for v7 ... if you're using v8 it's probably, as toTOW already said, a bug and should be reported but Pakinson's is supported in v7 ... I use "Any"

Reported to developer.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

A change has been made to the AS software .... can you please try again to see if it works properly now?
Cronotokyo

Post by Cronotokyo »

Hi, I don't thik the issue has been fixed. I selected Diabetes for a cause as well, and I'm getting 3 wu tagged with an error message and nothing else happens. To get more wu, I had to dump the wus. But as soon as the wu is done for the gpu, the issue comes back. I tried to change the setting back to "Any" work, uninstall and reinstall but the issue still persist.

The message is "Resources not available".