Crunching for wrong team?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Peter_Hucker

Crunching for wrong team?

Post by Peter_Hucker »

Can somebody explain the screenshot below? I've had all my computers set to team 224497 (Curecoin) for weeks, but as you can see I seem to be doing more work for the Gridcoin team.

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Crunching for wrong team?

Post by Joe_H »

Recent CPUs - https://apps.foldingathome.org/cpu - shows that you have four GPUs set to fold for a different team number. Two of them last returned WUs in early March, the other two within the last couple days. So it looks like you need to recheck your settings. EOC just reports what gets passed on in the stats files, and WUs are entered into the database based on the team and usernames set in the clients. If it helps, the final digits of your IP address are included in the report.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

I have 4 machines running (not sure if you count each GPU as a seperate client).
One has 5 GPUs. The other 3 machines have 1 GPU.

Your recent CPUs link is very weird. Firstly, I don't have any Nvidias in my house. Haven't had one for over a decade.
My IP should end in 158, although I do use a VPN occasionally, which could account for that changing.
If I ignore the ones 2 weeks old, since I did fix the team about then, and forget the x86 which came on by mistake (makes me think that IP is my VPN), everything is fine apart from that Nvidia. Is there a bug which would show the wrong card? Or is someone using my username and giving me credits? I'm getting free gridcoins which I like, I just wish they'd switch team and give me curecoins too!

According to the web interface, they are all set to use the same team. Can I check this in a local log or something? I can see this on them all:

Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

With v7 each GPU definitely is treated separately. I haven't checked on how they show up from a v8 client. The setup information for teams do show up in the logs, they can be accessed through the web client in v8, FAHControl for v7. They also are stored in the data folder for folding.

Also check to see if somehow you have managed to run two separate instances of FAHClient or fah-client.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

They all show the correct team in the logs, and all machines have only one FAHClient running in task manager.

I shall assume it's an imposter giving me free credits and gridcoins. I shan't complain. Either someone has copied my details from a post somewhere to work out how to set it up, or they're being nice.