Event Log Errors, but Client is Fine?

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Kougar
Hardware configuration: Core i7 920 @ 4.3GHz 1.42v (HT on)
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5 (F10)
3 x 2GB OCZ Platinum 16400MHz 8-8-8-24 1T
EVGA GTX 260 w/ D-Tek Fuzion 2 GFX
ASUS Xonar DX | Cooler Master UCP 1kW
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | Windows 7 x64
Swiftech Apogee GTZ + MCP655 Pump & Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator

Re: Event Log Errors, but Client is Fine?

Post by Kougar »

No errors after multiple Facore 21 projects, issue looks resolved. Thanks guys for the help figuring this out. :)
bruce wrote:It's probably something as simple as the order of entries in the PATH environment variable -- and likely influenced by the order of the driver installations.
The AMD/NVIDIA drivers were the most recently installed driver on both systems. As for Intel, one was using a new Intel IGP driver I installed after I removed the 750 Ti, and the other was using whatever driver Microsoft auto-installs before I put the 750 Ti in it. If we go all the way back both rigs were originally built with GPUs and the IGP was only ever temporarily used.

PhysX is not OpenCL, but, Nvidia's latest 378.72 hotfix driver had this tidbit "- Resolved PhysX being forced to CPU when "Optimize for Compute Performance" setting is OFF."
bruce

Post by bruce »

My uneducated impression is that PnysX is an old API that's essentially not used any more. Have you found any reason to install it?
foldy
Hardware configuration: Folding@Home Client 7.6.13 (1 GPU slots)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500k@4Ghz
Nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 441

Post by foldy »

PhysX is only used by games but this "Optimize for Compute Performance" setting also influenced OpenCL which let e.g. Boinc GPUGRID fail
https://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=4500
That is fixed again in 378.72 Hotfix driver
Itachi4eva

Post by Itachi4eva »

The issue in my case was that I was on a Domain and the firewall did not allow my PC access. I was able to have the system administrator create a policy to allow connection from PC (source) from my subnet to the internet (destination). The IP address of my PC was used as the source and the WAN connection the destination. Note I also had to allow FAHClient access to the Domain and Public through Windows Firewall.