Disappearing Points

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Apagador

Disappearing Points

Post by Apagador »

Greetings,

Until about a day ago my web interface was showing a bit over 100k points (I know, miserable score so far, but having fun).

Now both show only my latest submitted work, 22690 points.

Initially I thought I had misread that 100k mark, but found that same number on folding.extremeoverclocking.com, so I wasn't high as a kite when I read those numbers. What might have happened?

Mind you, in the time between seeing 100k+ and then 22k+ I installed the client on a miserable little computer to try it out, it was completely hung (it was a VERY slow PC) had to kill it by force AFTER it was TRYING to download some work (never got to more than 0% of download) and then uninstalled it.

Ah, also, my stats page at folding seems fine, had forgot to check THAT:
"I have earned 135,846 points by contributing 6 work units. My work unit was last recorded 11 hours ago"
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Disappearing Points

Post by Joe_H »

The points shown on the web control are based on the username and passkey entered into the client. If either was changed recently that would only show th points for the current pairing.

Otherwise at times the database lookup can fail, but that is harder to diagnose.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Apagador

Post by Apagador »

Ah, thank you very much! I checked that out and indeed was running on 2 computers, same user, different passwords.

No way to join meld the results, I guess? And is there any advantage other than seeing correct stats on the web interface?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

No way to merge the results by passkey, however lookups on the official stats page done by username will show all points. The same for lookups by username and team, but if you have folded for more than one team points will be separated that way.

If you change both to have the same passkey, then the points showing on both will match. Just will not include points folded using the other passkey on the web interface.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3