Error message - API Error - TypeError: Failed to fetch

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

jdkdomain

Error message - API Error - TypeError: Failed to fetch

Post by jdkdomain »

I am seeing this error message when I go to check on individual machines. On the 10 machines I currently have setup it came up on 4. I can refresh the browser to clear it but wanted to let you know as this is a beta version. I cant figure out how to insert a screenshot of the error message to the forum. if someone could assist I can update this post. Thanks.
calxalot
Site Moderator

Re: Error message - API Error - TypeError: Failed to fetch

Post by calxalot »

So, you see this error in the log of clients that have lost their node connection?

What OS and version?
jdkdomain

Post by jdkdomain »

No - if I pull up the workstation from my RMM software, the message is in the browser window for the default Machines screen that comes up. Typically I leave the browser window open on my workstations. I am using MS Edge on Windows 10.
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

If you are using remote desktop software and looking at the first machine, you are indeed looking at a remote client's log.
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

There is a new alpha up, if you're willing to live dangerously.
If there are errors, please also try the debug package.

To help as an alpha tester, you are encouraged to optionally create a GitHub account and follow the discussion:

https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-cl ... ssions/179
jdkdomain

Post by jdkdomain »

Not sure if there is an issue but now none of the workstations I have setup on beta are able to login. They are all giving me the same error message in the subject line and none of the other workstations are showing on the Machines tab now. I have rebooted all of the machines as well as resetting my entire network. All of the workstations are on my local network and are hardwired. Will give it another day or so to see if it settles out and resolves unless there is something else I should try.

Thanks for your help and support.
jdkdomain

Post by jdkdomain »

It looks like whatever issue I was having yesterday resolved itself. I am no longer seeing this message on the machines I have the beta software installed on. Thanks.