FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Re: Message for new config location (Win)

Post by uncle_fungus »

Gerby19 wrote:Hi Andrew!

In the latest builds (I've compiled r323) you've changed the location for the configs under Windows. 8-) However, I think that the corresponding message ("Automatically imported old config") could be more confusing for the user than helpful. Usually a user wouldn't mind about those files. When this import (or better movement) happens, nothing really changes concerning the programme's behaviour. So the user starts to ask himself, "What is the consequence? What does this change for the use of this program?".

My suggestion: Don't show this message as a popup. I think mentioning this new feature in the changelog would be sufficient. People who need to copy/delete the config files for any reason or to send xyz files to Jmol would be informed by this entry. An alternative could be mentioning this change in the Messages window.

Greetings
Mark
Good idea. I was thinking about whether or not to show the message, and the change is already mentioned in the ChangeLog, so I think I'll relegate it to the message window.

Cheers
Gerby19

Re: FahMon (multi-platform app to monitor various F@h clients)

Post by Gerby19 »

I have a problem at compiling under Windows with r329. This happens during linking:
Verknüpfen...
clientsManager.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""public: __thiscall ClientHelperThread::ClientHelperThread(unsigned int)" (??0ClientHelperThread@@QAE@I@Z)" in Funktion ""public: void __thiscall ClientsManager::ReloadThreaded(unsigned int)" (?ReloadThreaded@ClientsManager@@QAEXI@Z)".
Release\fahmon.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise.
German texts mean something like: "Linking...", "Link to unresolved external symbol", and at the end "1 unresolved external link."
Any hints?

BTW: I've added a missing closing bracket in main.cpp, line 182 that the compiler complained about before.
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Thanks, the missing ) is now in SVN. As for the linker error, try doing a "rebuild" instead of a "build". That should clean up the object files created from previous builds and should eliminate the problems. I've just done a fresh rebuild of r330 and it works.
osgorth

Post by osgorth »

I thought I'd throw out some cosmetic suggestions, hope you don't mind. :)

Firstly, the major point for me is: do you think we could get an (optional?) project ID in the list and not only on the right pane?

I mean something like this:

Progress - Name - ETA - PPD - Project
15% - gpu0 - 1h 30m - 5184.00 - 5014 (R7, C205, G68)

It would make it much easier to have an overview of all one's clients.

Secondly, on the same note: I wouldn't actually mind removing the Work Unit pane completely, and present all info in rows. Perhaps add a setup screen where you can tick off which columns you want to see. Or do both, right pane for those who want it, but make all info available in the left pane for those who want it. :)

No matter what, it would be nice if one could toggle on/off the "Work Unit Information" pane at will. Saves some space and looks tidier on screen.

Thanks for a great app!
francois

Post by francois »

osgorth wrote:Secondly, on the same note: I wouldn't actually mind removing the Work Unit pane completely, and present all info in rows.
You may want to give FaHspy a try then.
That's the way it shows the info.

Best,
François
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Or checkout the latest SVN code, or wait about a week-ish for me to finalise the next release.

francois

Post by francois »

Looks great, uncle!

Best regards,
François
Foxery
Hardware configuration: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 (Intel P35 chipset)
Radeon 3850, 512MB model (Catalyst 8.10)
Windows XP, SP2

Post by Foxery »

Delicious! I was just thinking this morning that I wanted to display all of that info, exactly like your screenshot :)
Core2 Quad/Q9300, Radeon 3850/512MB (WinXP SP2)
Adanorm

Post by Adanorm »

Hello, just posting to show a little geek toy made by me, the FahMon based forum signature :p
osgorth

Post by osgorth »

Looks GREAT, uncle_fungus! :D

Can't wait to get my hands on that. :)
thriftyj*

Post by thriftyj* »

uncle_fungus wrote:Or checkout the latest SVN code, or wait about a week-ish for me to finalise the next release.

OOooooo! :D That's Nice! /me like!
Folding for cures.
osgorth

Post by osgorth »

uncle_fungus: would it be possible to add a column for EUEs in FahMon?

It's quite a task to wade through all my FAHLogs to look if any clients have crashed lately. It would be really nifty if FahMon would pick this up and display the # of EUEs for each client or something like that. What do you think? :)
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

osgorth wrote:uncle_fungus: would it be possible to add a column for EUEs in FahMon?

It's quite a task to wade through all my FAHLogs to look if any clients have crashed lately. It would be really nifty if FahMon would pick this up and display the # of EUEs for each client or something like that. What do you think? :)
Possibly for a future revision, but not for the next release.
BuddhaChu

Post by BuddhaChu »

Looking good my uncle from another grandpa. ;)
PlayLoud

Post by PlayLoud »

Greetings everybody,

So, I just got my machine working again (had to swap out motherboards), and it is once again folding. I finally remembered how to compile FahMon (running on Ubuntu 8.04), and I got that running. However, FahMon appears to be calculating my PPD incorrectly. I should be getting near 5500-5600 ppd, but FahMon is showing about half that.

In the "benchmark", it shows the correct frame time of 5 minutes, but the time to finish is off. This work unit takes about 8.5 hours from start to finish. Any idea what is going on with FahMon? I have never had this trouble before.
Folding@home: 24/7
- RTX 4070 Ti