Donor & Team lists issues

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

pafka

Re: Donor & Team lists issues

Post by pafka »

I am amazed.
Three months have passed and there is still no one even trying to think it over.
Is it really something simple as adding three words like "order by first_seen_datetime" so hard to see and so tough to implement?
VijayPande
Pande Group Member

Re: Donor & Team lists issues

Post by VijayPande »

pafka wrote:I am amazed.
Three months have passed and there is still no one even trying to think it over.
Is it really something simple as adding three words like "order by first_seen_datetime" so hard to see and so tough to implement?
I wish it were that simple -- if it were, this would have been resolved a long time ago. We don't have such a field in that db table, since with multiple people using the same name (but w/o us knowing which is which), you can't attribute a date to a name. You can attribute it to a CPUID, which is how we store it (in a separate table). We could consider a join between the two tables, but that would start to slow this process down.

Sorting by passkeys is a good idea. However, if we assign a passkey to those who don't have one, but then they choose to take one, the sort would go out of whack as well.

We've been mulling over other possibilities, but we have been much more tied up with other coding projects (SMP2, rolling out the new server code, stabilizing the GPU code) in addition to all the work analyzing the data to advance our scientific understanding of folding (the real reason why we're doing all of this in the first place).
Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD
Departments of Chemistry, Structural Biology, and Computer Science
Chair, Biophysics
Director, Folding@home Distributed Computing Project
Stanford University