Passkey Question

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Edward2

Passkey Question

Post by Edward2 »

I just received my passkey via email. I never used one before. Is it ok to change my passkey from blank to my new one in the middle of a WU? Or do I need to wait until the current WU finishes and then enter my passkey? Thanks,
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Passkey Question

Post by 7im »

With the Systray client, you can enter it any time. With the console client, you will need to stop it, run it with the -config switch, and enter the passkey.

No need to wait for a WU to complete with either.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
DanGe
Hardware configuration: 2018 Mac Mini / MacOS Catalina
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 (eGPU via Sonnet Breakaway Box 550)
3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Post by DanGe »

Your user information is attached to the WU right before it gets sent, but it is always ok to change your user information, like your passkey, in the middle of a WU.

Dang...ninja'd by 7im
Pick2
Hardware configuration: Linux & CPUs

Post by Pick2 »

Your user information is attached to the client when the client starts ! , not to the WU when it is downloaded or when the WU is sent.
If you change the information , you need to stop and restart the client for it to take effect , best to do it as 7im posted.
Welcome to the Forums !
Edward2

Post by Edward2 »

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. :D