EM III emprotz.dat updates

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

sortofageek
Site Admin

EM III emprotz.dat updates

Post by sortofageek »

December 9 update of emprotz.dat is here ---> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r195930 ... er-09-2007
Last edited by sortofageek on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Is there any chance to see TheWeatherMan back :?:

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
MoneyGuyBK

Re: EM III

Post by MoneyGuyBK »

sortofageek wrote:December 9 update of emprotz.dat is here ---> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r195930 ... er-09-2007
Sorry, but I have to ask....
What is this zip file, what does it do?
And what if anything does it have to do with Folding@Home?

TIA

Peace
T.E.A.M. “Together Everyone Accomplishes Miracles!”
OC, S. California ... God Bless All
sortofageek
Site Admin

Post by sortofageek »

EM III is a third party application which was developed by a former mod of FFC.org. His name there was TheWeatherMan. Last we heard he planned to get his site back up but was really busy with real life endeavors. I have no more information than that.

While the app is no longer being distributed, many still use it to monitor their Folding@Home clients. The emprotz.dat file just provides an update to EM III on the current folding projects being distributed to our clients.

The file is only of use to those still using EM III.
Last edited by sortofageek on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DF454

Post by DF454 »

Thanks howieh :D
Folding for the [H]orde Team 33
jackrabbit

Re: EM III emprotz.dat updates

Post by jackrabbit »

If anyone is interested, I wrote a script that will generate an emprotz.dat file from the current psummary page. It requires a working Perl installation with LWP::UserAgent. PM me to get a copy. BTW, you can still download EM-III here.
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
sortofageek
Site Admin

Post by sortofageek »

howieh has posted another update ---> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r199255 ... ry-03-2008
uncle_fungus
Site Admin

Post by uncle_fungus »

Would it be useful if I got fahinfo.org to automatically generate this file daily?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

That would be very good yes 8-)

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
sortofageek
Site Admin

Post by sortofageek »

Actually, howie isn't doing this manually. Another member created a script which he has been running monthly. If there is a call for it, I'm sure he would be willing to do that more frequently.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Hey UF, any way to run the script and make the .dat file additive? Some projects pop on and off of the Psummary, and so might be left out during any time interval between updates. An additive .dat file would be larger, but would include all work unit info. Wacha think?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

That would be almost trivial to add to my script... Just don't have the time ATM.
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
sortofageek
Site Admin

Post by sortofageek »

In case someone needs it, howie posted another update ---> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r201144 ... ch-05-2008
Able

Post by Able »

Hi, I used to use this prog until it stopped being supported. I was thinking of using it again but when I clicked to "add a box" it states it will search for FAH 500 console (which it won't find as I'm now using FAH 504 console). Is there any other way to get this to work with the 504 version? Thanks in advance. :wink:
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Don't search, just browse to the folder were the client is located and click okay. It will pick up the fah client just fine, regardless of v5.0 or v5.04.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.