7 WU's and 0 Points

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

caintry_boy

7 WU's and 0 Points

Post by caintry_boy »

Hi guys! I have a friend at our Team 32035 who shows in his stats that he turned in 7 WU's at 6 a.m. today with "0" points. What's up?? Here's a link to his stats: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=382183

:shock:
ChelseaOilman

Re: 7 WU's and 0 Points

Post by ChelseaOilman »

He's having issues with one of his GPU clients.

Here's the last WU turned in by that client.

Hi Guns (team 32035),
Your WU (P5750 R7 C99 G189) was added to the stats database on 2009-03-12 18:41:40 for 0 points of credit.

He should check his log for details. If he's OCing that card, he may want to try stock clocks.
caintry_boy

Post by caintry_boy »

Thanks CO, he's not O/C'd on the machine at all. Any suggestions about "curing" the problem with the one client?? Start over on the install again?? If so....while following the guide for multi GPU folding http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGPUGuide#ntoc4 after creating the shortcut for the first client, we seem to have trouble when creating the second shortcut. When we get to this part
Now that you are done editing the shortcut, it's time to create more for the other GPU cards. Copy the first shortcut and paste as many copies (based on how many GPU cards you want to run) you need on the desktop. Rename each shortcut copy with a simple yet distinct names (to help identify which client) like GPU2, GPU3, etc. When you are done, right-click on each new shortcut and select Properties to edit the properties. This time, since you did most of the configuration above, all you need to do is to point the Start in: path to each data folder that you created and put -gpu 1 flag (or higher for subsequent cards). After you are done, you should have something like that :

Target: "C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home.exe" -gpu 1

Start in: "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Folding@Home-gpu2" (XP/2003
should we have two folders in App Data and two in Program Files?? Or just two in App Data, one in Program files and two shortcuts?? The above quote to me is pretty "hazy".....

:shock:
DanGe
Hardware configuration: 2018 Mac Mini / MacOS Catalina
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 (eGPU via Sonnet Breakaway Box 550)
3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Post by DanGe »

1 folder in Program Files and as many folders and shortcuts as there are GPUs in Application Data. So if you have two GPUs, have 1 folder in Program Files (this the installer will create), 2 folders in App Data, and 2 shortcuts on the desktop.
caintry_boy

Post by caintry_boy »

When trying to configure each shortcut after following the guide, I'm getting a pop-up that says Folding@Home Version 6.23 Usage: fah6 [-option1] [-option2] etc., etc......

I've done this 3 times today with the same result. Following the guide word for word.....what's wrong??

He's gonna quit folding on me if I can't fix this.....*insert me pulling out my hair here*.....

:eo

edit: I should have said that this is the Sys Tray client, and that I uninstalled everything today, deleted all folders and started fresh with a new download of the client and everything....

edit #2: on the last try I must have done it correctly, it allowed me to configure both shortcuts and it's working on both cards. HALLELUJAH!!!!!! 8-)