fahmon query

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

YCDCN22

fahmon query

Post by YCDCN22 »

I installed fahmon at the weekend and it looks great, the only thing is that when it picks up my username it has only taken the first 2 characters, this means when i click on the username it takes me to my personal folding stats but because it has only picked up the first two characters it thinks i am new and have no points.

how do i correct this so it shows my full username and all my points.

hope that makes sense.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: fahmon query

Post by 7im »

What is your fah user name? Any special characters or punctuation?
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
YCDCN22

Post by YCDCN22 »

My username is YCDCN and only picks up on YC.
bruce

Post by bruce »

YCDCN22 wrote:My username is YCDCN and only picks up on YC.
The stats show both a YCDCN and a YC have contributed to FAH, but they've contributed to different teams. Have you changed teams recently? If so, did you edit your client.cfg file rather than using the -config or the -configonly options?
YCDCN22

Post by YCDCN22 »

I don't recall editing any settings, i may have setup YC inadvertantly when trying to setup. I did check the file that fahmon looks at and that shows YC, what do i need to edit to correct this?
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

YCDCN22 wrote:I don't recall editing any settings, i may have setup YC inadvertantly when trying to setup. I did check the file that fahmon looks at and that shows YC, what do i need to edit to correct this?
Console client -> start with -configonly

Changes to non advanced options will be picked up when a new wu is started ( if you run -configonly when the client is running alongside, stop the client and run -config and it will take you to the configuration options again ).

Tray client -> right click, configure iirc.
bruce

Post by bruce »

NOTE: If you change your username in the FAH client, the next WU uploaded will use the new information. I think that FahMon will still report the old information until you get a new WU.
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

bruce wrote:NOTE: If you change your username in the FAH client, the next WU uploaded will use the new information. I think that FahMon will still report the old information until you get a new WU.
As fahMON uses the info from the queue file that's correct.

That's also why the current wu will still be uploaded with the old info, a> it's assigned to a donor/team machine id combo and it's bound to be uploaded under those as well to be considerd valid and b> that's why the info in the cfg file is not used to look up donor/team name in fahMon ( and I would go as far as saying in any good application ).

The cfg file isn't a good source of information for current processing, it's only read when a wu is started.

*edited for langauge mistakes, still contains my wrong interpretations which will be corrected below.
Last edited by MtM on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruce

Post by bruce »

No, the current WU is uploaded with the current data, no matter what FahMon says and no matter what was recorded in the queue.

Change your Username and restart with -oneunit. The credit will go to the new name. Change the name back and restart without -oneunit. The new UserName will never appear in the queue or in FahMon.
MtM

Post by MtM »

bruce wrote:No, the current WU is uploaded with the current data, no matter what FahMon says and no matter what was recorded in the queue.

Change your Username and restart with -oneunit. The credit will go to the new name. Change the name back and restart without -oneunit. The new UserName will never appear in the queue or in FahMon.
Huh.. And I need to edit my previous post as I again made a mistake. Has this always been the case or has it changed at some time?

This isn't nice info, now I need to change where I read the donor name and team, I think I made the wrong assumption about the info in the queue.dat being what's used when the unit is uploaded but I vaguely recall that being told to me on this forum some time ago.

Sorry for the wrong information ( and the abuse of the english language, think they don't appear that much out of sync, and I have been experiencing the wurst headache in ages and it's been going on the entire evening ).
YCDCN22

Post by YCDCN22 »

Hi

thanks for all of that.

Just to advise, in the client it has the correct info, i can't actually work out where fahmon got the wrong info from, it is still doing it and i am being credited correctly as i hit the 20,000 milestone recently.

Edited - i have just checked the stats for YC and that can't be me as they are folding for China Folding and i assume they are the persons initials, therefore how has my fahmon picked up their stats??????