Cannot look up team name/edit home page [RESOLVED]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Subject117

Cannot look up team name/edit home page [RESOLVED]

Post by Subject117 »

My team name is "Konoha's Folding Jounins"... I cannot look up or edit my home page for the team... I think the problem is in the apostrophe. It automatically puts a "\" in front of it whenever I submit a query. Does anyone know a way around this? I can find the team if I look up "Konoha" with the "Team name is like" option, but I can't edit the team page that way...
bruce

Re: Cannot look up team name/edit home page

Post by bruce »

Does Konoha\'s Folding Jounins work?
Subject117

Post by Subject117 »

No, it sure doesn't. I think it is something in the back end code that's not putting the correct syntax into the database... it's hard to say though. The only way I've ever been able to pull up my team stats is to put "Konoha" in the team name is like option. If you try it out you'll see what I mean. Once you pull up the team, it shows up as "Konoha's folding Jounins" though... you just can't search for it.

subject117
anandhanju

Post by anandhanju »

Strange. When I tried to "edit" this team by supplying dummy creds in the email, username and password fields but with the \ as indicated by Bruce, this is what I got:

Code: Select all

can't execute passwd check We find more than one entry with team name 'Konoha\'s Folding Jounins' in the database to update. This is not good!
Yep. Including the "This is not good!" part :biggrin:
bruce

Post by bruce »

OK. I'll see if I can find somebody who can figure out what to do about it.
dlucent
Pande Group Member

Post by dlucent »

Hi Everyone,

The problem here was that there was an extra space between Konoha's and Folding (the apostrophe wasn't causing any issues this time). I removed the space manually and it seems to be working now.

-Del

P.S. @ The Jounin of Konoha: I won't tell Tsunade-sama that you mistyped your team name :ewink:
Subject117

Post by Subject117 »

Thanks a lot! It works great now