Run Silent Run Deep.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

StillinSchool

Run Silent Run Deep.

Post by StillinSchool »

Hey, sorry you guys havent heard from me lately or I did not respond to any previous threads.

Well, actually thats kinda good, since you only heard from me when there were problems :) - that means I have had no more problems.

What I have now is the semester coming to an end and I will have to shutdown the program of Folding :( - but....

Curiously, have you got a way to place this not only in the startup group to automatically start with ANY logon, but to do so silently? :)

I have been running these 12 computers at the college for almost 1 full year with the F@H at both downtime cycles and full force, while these computers have been in use, while having no compliants.

What I would like to do is get F@H added to the startup group, and invisible so as to not get seen while running. Anyway to do this?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Run Silent Run Deep.

Post by toTOW »

The console client can run in service mode ...
Launch automatically, install as a service in this directory (yes/no) [no]?

If you want the client to run as a service, say yes and it will install a new entry in the services list. Next time you restart the computer, the service will start automatically and run in the background.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
StillinSchool

Post by StillinSchool »

Forgive me, how do I get to that point to assign service mode?
the animal

Post by the animal »

Run the client with the -config or -configonly flag. And then enter "y" when it asks if you want to configure advanced options.