Educational / non-violent games for PS3 ?

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

ElectricVehicle

Educational / non-violent games for PS3 ?

Post by ElectricVehicle »

Anyone know good Educational / non-violent games for PS3 ?

The Lego game, based on Star Wars is a bit of a hack and slash though not bloody. I looked briefly in a Toys R Us and the non-violent stuff was mostly sports simulations. Not the best place to look, so I haven't looked very hard yet.
Fold On! (with 100% Renewable, 0 Carbon electricity) ElectricVehicle EV1, RAV4 EV, LEAF, Bolt EV, Volt, M3, s4 Simulator
v00d00
Hardware configuration: FX8320e (6 cores enabled) @ stock,
- 16GB DDR3,
- Zotac GTX 1050Ti @ Stock.
- Gigabyte GTX 970 @ Stock
Debian 9.

Running GPU since it came out, CPU since client version 3.
Folding since Folding began (~2000) and ran Genome@Home for a while too.
Ran Seti@Home prior to that.

Re: Educational / non-violent games for PS3 ?

Post by v00d00 »

Simcity Societies is apparently in development, which i suppose can be classed as an educational game. Teaching finances, planning, sociology type subjects, mathematics.

Beyond that try Toy Home.

At present the games market doesnt seem to have fully matured for the PS3, and the best selling genres are the FPS and RPG style games.

Personally i dont think the PS3 was designed for younger children. More likely it was designed for teens and older, and those who can legally buy games that are unsuitable for younger people. The range of titles shows this.

Introducing your kids to the family PC might be a better idea, as there is stacks of free edu software available if you look for it. Especially so if you have linux installed.
sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

ElectricVehicle wrote:Anyone know good Educational / non-violent games for PS3 ?
If you don't mind rubber ducks being chomped by windup sharks (very non-messy) - Super Rub-A-Dub.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
ElectricVehicle

Post by ElectricVehicle »

Thanks for the replies! I'll check back on occasion to see if we make any good discoveries for kid friendly / educational PS3 titles.
Fold On! (with 100% Renewable, 0 Carbon electricity) ElectricVehicle EV1, RAV4 EV, LEAF, Bolt EV, Volt, M3, s4 Simulator
Cajun_Don

Post by Cajun_Don »

ElectricVehicle wrote:Thanks for the replies! I'll check back on occasion to see if we make any good discoveries for kid friendly / educational PS3 titles.
Do a google search for "PS3 kid friendly titles" and "PS3 educational titles". Why run around all over the place to stores, and wasting gas and time, when you can find this information on the Internet.

I hope you are Folding with your PS3, when you and your family are not playing games or watching movies.

Have a great day.
toreyarnold

Post by toreyarnold »

If you ask me all games are educational. In my life I have learned so many things from games. There is an upcoming title called Afrika in which you take pictures of animals on the African savannah which sounds pretty cool. I recommend this site that gives the ESRB ratings of the game and then explains what those ratings mean and why they were given.

http://www.whattheyplay.com/
Sneakassassin

Post by Sneakassassin »

You could look through the downloadable games section on the PS3, a lot of those games are rate E or E10 although they arent that educational if thats what your looking for.(You can try out some of the PSN games via free demos)

I remember when i was a kid playing reader rabbit on the computer....
Decided to use my gamertag as my username.