Stanford Network Issue {Resolved}

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

derrickmcc
Hardware configuration: 2 x GTX 460 (825/1600/1650)
AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0Ghz
Kingston 2Gb DDR2 1066 Mhz
MSI K9A2 Platinum
Western Digital 500Gb Sata II
LiteOn DVD
Coolermaster 900W UCP
Antec 902
Windows XP SP3

Re: Stanford Network Issue

Post by derrickmcc »

Leonardo wrote:Hat's off to those Pande Group and Stanford sysadmin people who had to jump through hopes after the Stanford cooling system outage to get the servers cranking again and the data restored.
+1 :D
jimerickson
Hardware configuration: Parts:
Asus H370 Mining Master motherboard (X2)
Patriot Viper DDR4 memory 16gb stick (X4)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 gpu (X16)
Intel Core i7 8700 cpu (X2)
Silverstone 1000 watt psu (X4)
Veddha 8 gpu miner case (X2)
Thermaltake hsf (X2)
Ubit riser card (X16)

Post by jimerickson »

yes a big thanks to pande group and sysadmins!
TheCraiks
Hardware configuration: Main Folding computer:
Asus M4A78LT-M LE
AMD Phenom II X2 550
4 GB memory
8 TB HDD
Windows Home Server V1

Post by TheCraiks »

All my WU are now showing up on Kakao stats page, Stanford page still showing "Stats recredit in progress" :D
Meh_Lay_Lay

Post by Meh_Lay_Lay »

Erm, did anyone get credit yet? I've still got nothing for the 10+ projects i've folding over the past few days D:
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

I got some points, but the recredit is not completed since the message is still displayed on the Stanford pages ... more patience is required ;)

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
crescent

Post by crescent »

I think all my points had been now credited. Thank you Pande Group and Sysadmins. Good work!
*hondo*
Hardware configuration: Geoforce 250 GTS Active for F@H

4 Core Intel not used at all for F@H

Post by *hondo* »

toTOW wrote: more patience is required ;)
Patience!! I'm doing my best toTOW, but it's wearing pretty thin now, I believe that I'm around 16 to 18K down. The only update thats occurred in my Stats is for a single WU that I completed yesterday.
Meh_Lay_Lay

Post by Meh_Lay_Lay »

TheCraiks wrote:All my WU are now showing up on Kakao stats page, Stanford page still showing "Stats recredit in progress" :D
Thanks! I went to Kakao, and it turns out that I've got my points there
Hisuichan
Hardware configuration: @UK: Win7 Ultimate x64, Intel i5-2500K @ 4.2 GHz, Asus P8P67, 8 GB DDR3-1600, MSI R6870 Hawk, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Samsung 1.5TB HDD.
@LUX: Win7 Professional x64, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Asus P5W DH Deluxe, 3 GB DDR2-800, Leadtek WinFast PX8800GT, over 9000 HDDs.

Post by Hisuichan »

Leonardo wrote:Hat's off to those Pande Group and Stanford sysadmin people who had to jump through hopes after the Stanford cooling system outage to get the servers cranking again and the data restored.
Yeah, especially considering that they've been getting so much angst and pressure from us about our prrrrrrecious points and stuff. Full respect to you guys, thank you!
Steam profile | Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. -Angelique Arnauld
BWG

Post by BWG »

I am all caught up!! Thank you!
Editor for teams 37726 and 239902
kasson
Pande Group Member

Post by kasson »

Thanks for your patience and understanding during the recredit. We keep fairly extensive logs, so as long as a work unit was successfully accepted by a WS or CS, we can usually retrieve the data. In this case, we had a few more systems than offline than during a typical outage due to a single large failure (Stanford campus-wide chilled water -> most server rooms at Stanford didn't have cooling). So it was a matter of first bringing systems up, figuring out what else was missing, fixing the issues (when you saw new returns getting credited), and then retrieving the logs to take care of back credits.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

Dr. Kasson, thanks very much! Looks like you guys have made great progress so far in getting things back online and normal again. I mean I'm looking forward to having the process completed, but as long as everyone gets their points back properly there should be no consequences for delays in crediting. Those that are focused on their rank will see themselves jump into their rightful place when everything falls into place properly. I'm not worried. Good luck to you with the rest of your servers, and thanks so far!

EDIT: I'm no longer getting the "Stats recredit in progress. External access to the Folding@Home stats server is down to expedite our maintenance of this machine." message. Nice!
Last edited by Jesse_V on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
Alperian

Post by Alperian »

Oh yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' about!
*hondo*
Hardware configuration: Geoforce 250 GTS Active for F@H

4 Core Intel not used at all for F@H

Post by *hondo* »

YOH :D Thank you to all of those who participated in the regeneration of the Stats, mines had a fairly substantial bump. 8-)
new08
Hardware configuration: Hewlett-Packard 1494 Win10 Build 1836
GeForce [MSI] GTX 950
Runs F@H Ver7.6.21
[As of Jan 2021]

Post by new08 »

Now the panic's over- when's Stanford relocating to Norway with all that free chilled water on offer? :)