Dled and installed... now what?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

chromegadget

Dled and installed... now what?

Post by chromegadget »

Alright so i just got the program and my molecule is spinning. Is there anything else I need to do? The setup looks a lot different than my friends on his PS3 (I'm using XP) and I cant tell if it's doing anything or not. I don't see any stats for it at all...
DanGe
Hardware configuration: 2018 Mac Mini / MacOS Catalina
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 (eGPU via Sonnet Breakaway Box 550)
3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Re: Dled and installed... now what?

Post by DanGe »

Hello chromegadget and welcome to the forum

What are your hardware specs for that XP computer (e.g. CPU, GPU, etc.)?

Based on the information you have at the moment, there isn't anything else you need to do other than to close the viewer because it just takes up precious CPU cycles. To make sure it's working, look for a FahCore_xx.exe taking up 100% of one CPU core in Task Manager and check your log file to make sure it's printing messages similar to:
[03:36:54] Completed 975000 out of 1500000 steps (65%)
To see your stats, simply right-click the FAH icon, mouse over to Status, and click one of the Statistics.
chromegadget

Post by chromegadget »

Yea I've got all that now, but on my friends PS3 it shows how much of it has been completed and when it will be completed. I don't see anything like that anywhere on the version I have. Also his moves.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The PS3 has the most beautiful display, partly because the PS3 hardware is designed that way. (The hardware is a lot more powerful.) To produce that type of display on a PC takes about the same processing power as actually folding, leaving nothing to do the actual work of folding.
chromegadget

Post by chromegadget »

Ah okay *laughs* well what about the display of the time elapsed and such or is that PS3 exclusive as well?
DanGe
Hardware configuration: 2018 Mac Mini / MacOS Catalina
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 (eGPU via Sonnet Breakaway Box 550)
3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Post by DanGe »

Pretty much. However, if you use monitoring software (check the tools page: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52), you could get pretty much the same information as the PS3 display has, except for the protein picture.