Simple question for a simple answer regards 3870x2

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

etchells

Simple question for a simple answer regards 3870x2

Post by etchells »

I've been watching all the chatter for months regards upcoming clients for ATI cards- and I would truly like a simple answer to a simple question without all the references to this link and that link- will the upcoming GPU client work on ATI 3870X2 cards- yes or no please. I am a loyal folder running 2 PS3's, 2 dual core cpu's and a couple of single core pc's, and I would like to increase my support to the folding project, but it seems impossible to determine at times what the story is regards things like this question about the 3870X2; I will go purchase a few of these things for my pc's if I know they can fold. My family has personally been impacted by the diseases folding is working so I have a personal commitment to the folding program, but it would sure be nice to get some simple, straight forward information once in a while without all the elaborate back and forth on all the postings. My humble plea.
AMD 4800+ OCed to 2.8, 2xRaptors in Raid 0, Swiftech 3x120 water// HP Core Duo Laptop 2.0// PS3
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Simple question for a simple answer regards 3870x2

Post by 7im »

This topic has already been discussed at length. http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152

If you need a simple answer today, the answer is NO. That answer could easily change, tomorrow, the next day, next week, next month, next unknown, etc.

Thread closed. Please post additional questions in the other thread. Thanks.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.