Folding@Home Animation Copyright

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

SeW800

Folding@Home Animation Copyright

Post by SeW800 »

Hello,

I have a video of the protein folding graphic animation from the F@h client software (the edition for GPU's). Anyway, this video is on YouTube, and now they are bugging me about presenting any web site links or documents in which it is shown that I am allowed to upload a video on YouTube that features the software visuals of the F@h client application. I know it's silly, but can anyone point me to the right direction? Some link that shows that this software is freeware and that some sort of limited distribution is allowed? Or even sign me a letter of allowance?

Thanks!
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: Folding@Home Animation Copyright

Post by 7im »

Hello SeW800, welcome to the forum.

Good question. I don't know if pointing YT at the dozens of other F@h videos already on YT would help. Pande Group also has several simulations on YT. http://www.youtube.com/user/PandeScience

Pande Group does read the forum, so one of them might have an answer for you.

Also, let's see your vid, what's the url? >)
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
SeW800

Post by SeW800 »

Thank you for the welcome, here's the video ID: b9rln9ItyH4 (I'm a new user and not allowed to write the full site -_- Btw, enable 720p on the video!)
Edit my Mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9rln9ItyH4

It's nothing spectacular, my 4850 is showing it's age :/ - anyways, they want the data because I have an offer to have YouTube/Google's own ads on my videos, and in these cases they want some proof. I'm guessing the other guys didn't enable the ads? It's nothing serious thought, best case scenario this would earn me $5-10 more per month :p

I'll be around the forums...
Tobit

Post by Tobit »

SeW800

Post by SeW800 »

I guess I should email an admin about this issue? It's a pretty rate problem :/