FAH suddently on my computer

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

hb007

FAH suddently on my computer

Post by hb007 »

Hello!

Folding At Home got suddently on my computer (vista) without that I wan't it. How can I delete it?

Grttz
(right now al more than 365 days on my computer)
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Re: FAH suddently on my computer

Post by Ivoshiee »

To get to know who may have installed it on your computer just look up what information is in client.cfg file and then go for uninstall.
If it is a GUI client then look for the uninstall option (add/remove programs) under control panel.

Note: More than 365 days is not by any ordinary means as suddenly.
gwildperson

Post by gwildperson »

I'll bet that more than 365 days ago, you installed some application from a questionable site (maybe one that said it would unlock some other application) and instead of hacking the other application's copy protection, it installed a Trojan.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

gwildperson wrote:I'll bet that more than 365 days ago, you installed some application...
Well, someone did a fah install, or got a trojan, but we shouldn't infer who might have done that.

Please post that client.cfg info here, and then consult the Uninstall FAQ.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.