uploading w/o Queue file

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

WK357mag
Hardware configuration: C2Q9300 (2500mhz), GTS250, WinXP Pro (sp3), 4Gb ram

uploading w/o Queue file

Post by WK357mag »

Short story: I live in the wood, 56k modem only option right now. Been this way for years. I do fold, but when I get a big WU to upload 40-50mb, I just move it to my laptop and upload in town hotspot.

Problem: I lost the Queue file for this one WU and dont know how to make it upload now.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: uploading w/o Queue file

Post by 7im »

I know of a utility that will fix a broken Queue, but not sure if it will recreate one. Worth a shot...

qfix, part of qd tools. See also:

http://en.fah-addict.net/web/web.php?cat=2&id=3&p=
http://linuxminded.xs4all.nl/?target=so ... -tools.plc

Also, how far from town are you? People have been known to do amazing things with a Cantenna. :twisted:
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
WK357mag

Post by WK357mag »

Hey 7im, long time no see! Be away from the folding community for some time now, but back with it again. To bad our old accounts werent preserved. Mine dated back to 2001-2002 time.

They just now got some fiberoptics cables run and are about to set up some towers around the county. This should get the vast majority of us some nice speed. Wireless is what they are calling it, but its not WiFi. Not sure how ping will be in the end. Hoping to do some online first person shooters, with nice low ping!

Let me try these tools and see what I can do with it
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Welcome back!

FYI - The old forum database crashed in 2007, so no account info could be preserved. This is FF 2.0. ;)

A few years ago, they put "wireless broadband" antennae on all the town and rural water towers in the area around the small town where I grew up. The folks have a small claymore sized dish they point at the nearest tower. Speed is pretty good.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
WK357mag

Post by WK357mag »

Thanks for the welcome back!

Sorry to hear the old DB died, but, these things happen.

yeah, this company is offering three speed plans, downloads at 5000, 7500 and then 10000. all are fine for me, just the ping is all Im wondred about. Doesnt matter what is though, Im getting it. Going from 28k-up/48k-dwn to 768k-up/5000k-dwn, even with the same 220ms ping, is worth the $39.95. But Im sure the ping will be at least half what I got now. Maybe more.

Well, I looked into that tool kit and wasnt able to really make heads or tales of it all. Like I said, been away for awhile. Guess Pande group will just have to send that one out again.

Thanks anyway!