Can't send HTTP request to server

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Midnight

Can't send HTTP request to server

Post by Midnight »

So I just downloaded the basic FAH 6.23 client for Windows today, a few hours ago, actually. I set up my username and team ID, but the log keeps giving back the same error: "Couldn't send HTTP request to server". I thought it was a router problem, so I unplugged it; same error. I then disabled my Windows Firewall; same error. Disabled NOD32, and I got the same error.

In another topic, I saw that the guy fixed the problem by downloading the new v7 beta. So I downloaded the beta and installed it. Now it says it's online and running, but smp is at 0% and never moves-- and yeah, I have a dual core system. But the log file doesn't show any errors. So either it takes a long, LONG time for it to process, or something's going wrong. Can anyone help?
bruce

Re: Can't send HTTP request to server

Post by bruce »

Welcome to foldingforum.org, Midnight.

I'm not sure why FAH 6.23 didn't work for you, but if the V7 beta is working, that's probably all that matters.

FAH projects do take a long time to process, but a lot depends on whatever else is happening on your system. Open TaskManager and look for a process called FahCore_xx.exe. What percentage of the CPU is it getting?

If you look in AllPrograms, you'll find FAHClient and inside of it you'll find Data Directory. When you open it, you'll find a text file called log. Paste it into your next post so we can see what's happening.
Midnight

Re: Can't send HTTP request to server

Post by Midnight »

Heh, so uh, funny thing... I was rooting through all my NOD32 stuff, and even though it was disabled, it was STILL blocking the FAH programs (I have no idea how that happened). Anyway, I added the exceptions, launched FAH 6.23 console, and now one of my cores is donating. I guess NOD32 really hates FAH, though.

Anyway, thanks for the help!