Other computing programs

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

bruce

Re: Other computing programs

Post by bruce »

The sum of all FAH data that has been generated over the first 10 years of FAH is, in fact, a massive amount of data, and it continues to grow at an increasingly rapid rate. It has been quite a while since Dr. Pande commented on their total storage capacity. It may be somewhere in the FAQ but it probably hasn't been updated recently. Like 7im just said, I'm confident that they have effective plans in place.
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Other computing programs

Post by Jesse_V »

bruce wrote:The sum of all FAH data that has been generated over the first 10 years of FAH is, in fact, a massive amount of data, and it continues to grow at an increasingly rapid rate. It has been quite a while since Dr. Pande commented on their total storage capacity. It may be somewhere in the FAQ but it probably hasn't been updated recently. Like 7im just said, I'm confident that they have effective plans in place.
Last I heard was on http://en.fah-addict.net/articles/artic ... e-home.php:
All of this data is kept in storage servers at Stanford. The terabytes are countless; people speak of more than 400TB of valuable scientific data. However, such storage is very expensive, and the power of the projects equipment is increasing, and the PS3 and the GPU has only increased this need for storage space.
And that was in 2009. :!:
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.