F@H Shortcut problem

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

frod_haya

F@H Shortcut problem

Post by frod_haya »

I downloaded F@H and I expected there to be a shortcut on my desktop but there wasn't. so I uninstalled f@h, went to advance install instead of express to see if I get the shortcut but that didn't work. Everytime I turn off my pc, I see that f@h isn't running, and I can't run it myself because there is no shortcut on my dekstop. please help
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: F@H Shortcut problem

Post by 7im »

Hello frod_haya, welcome to the Folding Support Forum.

The client installer sets the client to start automatically at Windows login, unless you changed that during the setup. There is no need for a desktop icon to start FAH. Check the task tray for a FAH icon.

The installer also puts a FAHClient folder in the usual place for all software installs: Start / All Programs / FAHClient You can select the Folding@home link in that folder to start folding if you turned off the auto start in the setup.

See also the Install Guides on the FAH website.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.