Question about Points?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

squarewick

Question about Points?

Post by squarewick »

Where do I see the points I earned and what do I do with them? If I click on my identity name I can see my total score and total WUs however I'm not sure what I can do with them. Or how I convert anything into curecoins. I've made an account at https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/ and believe I have it set up correctly and I've also downloaded the curecoin wallet and have that configured. But after about a week everything still says either 0 points on https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/ and 0 curecoin within my wallet.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Nathan_P
Hardware configuration: Asus Z8NA D6C, 2 x5670@3.2 Ghz, , 12gb Ram, GTX 980ti, AX650 PSU, win 10 (daily use)

Asus Z87 WS, Xeon E3-1230L v3, 8gb ram, KFA GTX 1080, EVGA 750ti , AX760 PSU, Mint 18.2 OS

Not currently folding
Asus Z9PE- D8 WS, 2 E5-2665@2.3 Ghz, 16Gb 1.35v Ram, Ubuntu (Fold only)
Asus Z9PA, 2 Ivy 12 core, 16gb Ram, H folding appliance (fold only)

Re: Question about Points?

Post by Nathan_P »

Points are literally just points - its just a way of showing what your science is worth and how much you have done. Earning crypto is possible but i'm not sure how. I'd suggest googling curecoin and seeing if you have everything set up right.

F@H doesn't support any crytpo currency so support on here will be very limited.
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Welcome to Folding@Home!

Points are mostly just bragging rights.
You can use them to test different configurations of you PC, "this memory gives me more points" but mostly bragging rights.

Some teams have rewards for points, but not Folding@Home itself. That would be a team thing on a team website. Not here.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
squarewick

Post by squarewick »

Thanks for the quick response. I guess i have one other question about my GPUs. I use afterburner to monitor their power and other settings. While I'm folding it's showing that my GPUs are only running at around 30% power. I have the power slider within the folding @ home application the entire way up to Full. Is this power usage by design or can I increase to about 70% so I can fold more?

Thanks.
kiore

Post by kiore »

squarewick wrote:Thanks for the quick response. I guess i have one other question about my GPUs. I use afterburner to monitor their power and other settings. While I'm folding it's showing that my GPUs are only running at around 30% power. I have the power slider within the folding @ home application the entire way up to Full. Is this power usage by design or can I increase to about 70% so I can fold more?

Thanks.
GPU are really just on or off F@H slider really only affects the CPU. If your GPU is folding a unit it will be using power, try monitoring with something like GPU-Z which will give you accurate results.
i7 7800x RTX 3070 OS= win10. AMD 3700x RTX 2080ti OS= win10 .

Team page: http://www.rationalskepticism.org
squarewick

Post by squarewick »

kiore wrote:
squarewick wrote:Thanks for the quick response. I guess i have one other question about my GPUs. I use afterburner to monitor their power and other settings. While I'm folding it's showing that my GPUs are only running at around 30% power. I have the power slider within the folding @ home application the entire way up to Full. Is this power usage by design or can I increase to about 70% so I can fold more?

Thanks.
GPU are really just on or off F@H slider really only affects the CPU. If your GPU is folding a unit it will be using power, try monitoring with something like GPU-Z which will give you accurate results.
I check with GPU-Z and it's backing up what MSI Afterburner is displaying. They all seem to be running 25 - 35% power utilization. I really would like to increase this, if I can, as I feel there is a lot of computing power not being used.
kiore

Post by kiore »

Can you post your log to show the GPU and steps? Have you had many failed work units in a row? If this happens because of overheating/clocking etc it may slow slow for the next few units. If this is the case and the reason for the instability is address then a restart will put it back to the normal rate.
i7 7800x RTX 3070 OS= win10. AMD 3700x RTX 2080ti OS= win10 .

Team page: http://www.rationalskepticism.org
Rel25917

Post by Rel25917 »

Gpu-z and most likely afterburner can tell you if you are hitting any limits like temp or voltage or whatever, see if your hitting any. Some smaller unit on high power cards also just cant use it all.
squarewick

Post by squarewick »

kiore wrote:Can you post your log to show the GPU and steps? Have you had many failed work units in a row? If this happens because of overheating/clocking etc it may slow slow for the next few units. If this is the case and the reason for the instability is address then a restart will put it back to the normal rate.
Use the link below to see the entire contents of my logfile.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sZ- ... sp=sharing