Support for Radeon HD 6550D

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

guyluz11

Support for Radeon HD 6550D

Post by guyluz11 »

For some reason I can not run F@A on the graphics card that it detects

It is showing me both the CPU and GPU in "Folding Slots" windows but "Work Queue" window does not show the GPU.

The status of it is "disabled" no matter what I do and the description is "gpu:0:1 BeaverCreek [Radeon HD 6550D] S".

"On Idle" is not ticked and I clicked "Fold" on it, in the web control there is red smiley sticks his tongue out for the GPU card (the CPU have only yellow circle so he is good).
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Support for Radeon HD 6550D

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

The HD 6550D is an integrated GPU that is part of the APU processor in your computer. It does not support Double Precision (FP64) calculations, so can not be used for folding and is blacklisted in the GPUs.txt file.

Code: Select all

0x1002:0x9640:::BeaverCreek [Radeon HD 6550D] S
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/r ... d-igp.c836

The client should not have created a folding slot for the GPU, if it did so automatically please post the first 100 lines of your log file. Manually you can override that, but no WUs will be assigned.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3