No CUDA or OpenCL 1.2+ support detected for GPU slot

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Nicefisher
Hardware configuration: Ryzen 5 2600
16gb DDR4 3200
GTX 1660S/970

No CUDA or OpenCL 1.2+ support detected for GPU slot

Post by Nicefisher »

Hi, I am running Manjaro Linux and have folding at home installed, and it recognises my 1660s and 970, but it gives me an error message that says

Code: Select all

15:52:14:WARNING:FS01:No CUDA or OpenCL 1.2+ support detected for GPU slot 01: gpu:1:0 GM204 [GeForce GTX 970] 3494.  Disabling.
15:52:14:WARNING:FS02:No CUDA or OpenCL 1.2+ support detected for GPU slot 02: gpu:10:0 TU116 [GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER].  Disabling.
I've tried installing the NVIDIA drivers and the CUDA programming toolkit from add/remove software. What should I do?
I also get these errors:

Code: Select all

15:52:14:       CUDA: Not detected: cuInit() returned 100
15:52:14:     OpenCL: Not detected: clGetPlatformIDs() returned -1001
bruce

Re: No CUDA or OpenCL 1.2+ support detected for GPU slot

Post by bruce »

The CUDA toolkit is not required ... and, in fact, sometimes causes conflicts. FAH downloads the specific run-time CUDA drivers along with it's FAHCcore.

FAH does check for the nVidia version of OpenCL. It's often included with the propritary NVidia drivers, depending on where you get that package. (e.g.- Windows OpenCL ddrivers comes with the download package from Nvidia but not the drivers installed by Microsoft. I've found nV videp drivers both with and without OpenCL for Ubuntu.) I would expect the same to be true for Manjaro Linux but I can't help you there.
Nicefisher
Hardware configuration: Ryzen 5 2600
16gb DDR4 3200
GTX 1660S/970

Post by Nicefisher »

bruce wrote:The CUDA toolkit is not required ... and, in fact, sometimes causes conflicts. FAH downloads the specific run-time CUDA drivers along with it's FAHCcore.

FAH does check for the nVidia version of OpenCL. It's often included with the propritary NVidia drivers, depending on where you get that package. (e.g.- Windows OpenCL ddrivers comes with the download package from Nvidia but not the drivers installed by Microsoft. I've found nV videp drivers both with and without OpenCL for Ubuntu.) I would expect the same to be true for Manjaro Linux but I can't help you there.
Ill try installing the driver from the NVidia website then
bruce

Post by bruce »

CALUTION:

The nVidia .run file can destroy the GUI if you don't disable the GUI drivers when installing. Find the instructions to blacklist the GUI.