Can't Earn Points/Contribute to Team

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Asera0603

Re: Can't Earn Points/Contribute to Team

Post by Asera0603 »

That sounds good to me, I can certainly take a look at it now that I'm a bit more aware of what's going on. Folding is really interesting to me and I wish I had heard about it sooner. Somehow I only managed to become aware of this a couple of weeks ago. I'll be super excited if I can get the pi to work...I just don't know what to expect and I'm also going to install a fresh .iso before downloading the client
bruce

Post by bruce »

Supported GPUs are managed centrally by a file called GPUs.txt, including both iGPs and powerful GPUs. Unsupported GPUs will not create a functional slot. Some supported GPUs are very slow and you may choose to disable one if the extra heat becomes a problem for you.

In addition to GPUs, each x86 and each ARM CPU is supported by its own slot which is automatically configured each time FAHClient starts unless you add the expert setting gpu='false'
Asera0603

Post by Asera0603 »

Okay awesome, thanks for the info with all of this. Maybe I can mess around in the setting more to get the iGPU to work. I will see.

I finally got my pi setup today and it has 4 cores...I have no idea how well it will be able to do, but I'll see if I can finish getting it setup tomorrow, but I think I need a new power supply.