haven't received passkey

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

jotin

haven't received passkey

Post by jotin »

i started folding earlier today and decided to register for a passkey a couple hours ago but i haven't received it yet. should i request again when it allows me to or am i missing something? don't know if this info could be of some use but my user id is jotinpc and im currently not on a team.
PaulTV

Re: haven't received passkey

Post by PaulTV »

Welcome to the club :)

There were some hardware issues on a server that hosts the stats databases, and it wouldn't surprise me if that issue is related. Stats processing has been stable for a bit now (over 8 hours), so I would try again. Sometimes passkey mails get stuck in the spam folder, depending on your mail provider.

You don't have to be in a team for receiving a passkey, that's totally unrelated. For the first 10 WUs you return with a passkey, you won't get the quick return bonus (QRB) - you won't get the estimated number of points you see in the GUI, but a lower number. Only after returning 10 WUs (and over 80% successful) you will start receiving the QRB, this is to discourage people to switch IDs / passkeys all the time.

Ryzen 5800X / RTX 4090 / Windows 11
Ryzen 5600X / RTX 3070 Ti / Ubuntu 20.04
Ryzen 5600 / RTX 3060 Ti / Windows 11
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Have the issues with Hotmail/Outlook been resolved ?

If you don't use this email provider, you could just request the same passkey again. Also, don't forget to check in your spam box, just in case something didn't go well with your spam filter.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Wanted to bump this post as I requested a passkey multiple times over the last 3 days and have not received one. Checked spam, junk mail, etc.

Is the passkey server online now?

Thanks,
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Gregg wrote:Wanted to bump this post as I requested a passkey multiple times over the last 3 days and have not received one. Checked spam, junk mail, etc.

Is the passkey server online now?

Thanks,
As far as I know it is online. What is the domain name for the email service you use? You may also need to whitelist foldingathome.org emails. We have seen a number of services block the passkey emails for various reasons, so knowing which one will help in getting this fixed for you.

Edit: I looked up one of my previous passkey test emails and used that to see if my passkey would be resent. It was within less than a couple minutes.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3