What are "High priority" causes?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

pyrocyborg
Hardware configuration: 3060 12GB, 3060 Ti, 3070, 3080, 3090, 6700 XT, 6800 XT, 6900 XT

What are "High priority" causes?

Post by pyrocyborg »

Hi fellow folders!

I haven't found any answer yet as to what consist of a High priority project? I know that at one point, COVID-19 was a High Priority project, but what about now? According to whatever info we can get from the lar.system website, there are plenty of other categories like Biofilm, membrane transport, Ion binding, etc. that we cannot select as a cause preference, but while we can clearly know what Cancer, Alzheimer's, Huntington's, Parkinson, COVID-19 (if there are any left) projects are, I don't know what the definition of High Priority is and what projects would be categorized as such.

Is there any information about that?

Thanks!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: What are "High priority" causes?

Post by Joe_H »

I don't know if any projects are currently designated "High priority". That was added as part of the client and server modifications in response to COVID. Many wanted and complained about the lack of a COVID cause setting in the client, so they had the developer update the code for both the client and server software to accept that. Since he was modifying the code for an additional cause, it was easy enough to also add "High priority" to be a possible setting for any future projects that might come up.

The extra categories the lar.system has created are generic targets of research that could apply to many different diseases. They show up in the project descriptions as cause unspecified.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
pyrocyborg
Hardware configuration: 3060 12GB, 3060 Ti, 3070, 3080, 3090, 6700 XT, 6800 XT, 6900 XT

Post by pyrocyborg »

Oh, allright! Thanks for the explanation!
FrankSriracha

Post by FrankSriracha »

Have there been any new additions to the "high priority" category? I normally keep mine set at Alzheimer's but was wondering about what research gets this designation?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

I haven't heard of any additions.

As the "high priority" category was added just in case something came out that was not already with an entry, it may never get used. Or some new disease variant may come along like COVID and they will want to start projects to work on it and it will get used.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3