Resurrecting Dormant Team Site

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

databoy2k

Resurrecting Dormant Team Site

Post by databoy2k »

Hey All:

I've been contributing to a particular team that doesn't have a functioning website. The founder's username seems to contribute heavily to a totally different team and I can't seem to locate any contact information for the founder.

For certain reasons, I wouldn't want to (or recommend) creating a new team for this. Is it possible for an admin to reach out to the founder or to just change the website (and maybe logo) linked to the team? If so, I would start a Reddit forum for the members to encourage the team's growth and get the team away from being dormant/background.

What's the process to basically take control of a team where the founder isn't active?
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Re: Resurrecting Dormant Team Site

Post by BobWilliams757 »

It might be worth stating the team name and the founders username. There are a few forums where a decent amount of longer term and/or contributing folders might post, and you may get lucky and find one with a contact. It's a long shot, but maybe worth a try.

And really, if you want to create a website, I doubt anyone would be angry about promoting a team. There is no financial reward for such a thing, and if you can't locate the founder he may have just dedicated his resources to another team, moved on, quit folding... who knows?
Fold them if you get them!
databoy2k

Post by databoy2k »

Thanks. The team is Team Canada (Team #60). The founder is Webpuppy, who apparently has recently been contributing to LinusTechTips.

Given the inherent patriotism of the team, it makes sense to have a website and to encourage fellow Canadians to contribute there.

I know the teams aren't worth anything and the work is the important part, but a subreddit would probably make sense (I'm not aiming to make it my own personal site, for example).

If anyone has Webpuppy's contact, I'd love to discuss this.
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Post by BobWilliams757 »

If you haven't tried already, it might be worth registering on the LTT site and just putting out some feelers. There is a chance he is active there, or someone has a way to contact him. They have a folding related forum, so it might work.
Fold them if you get them!