gpu:39:00:00 cpu:1

The other machines have much lower numbers:
(gpu:05:00:00 cpu:1
gpu:06:00:00 cpu:1
gpu:03:00:00 cpu:1) all one machine

gpu:07:00:00 cpu:1

gpu:03:00:00 cpu:1

gpu:03:00:00 cpu:1

Doesn't seem to corelate with CPU type or GPU type.

And what are the zeros?
Hou5e

Re: What do the numbers mean after GPU?

Post by Hou5e »

The number directly after the GPU is the PCIe bus number from the PC's motherboard. The zeros are probably similar, like PCI slot info, or they might be placeholders if they are unused. I didn't look at the code, but that used to be part of the slot information in the FAHv7 config file.
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

Ok that makes sense, the one with high numbers has more stuff connected to it. Although not that many more PCI-Express things, just USB things, which presumably all fall under the one PCI Express number for the controller? It is a fancier motherboard, maybe there's an extra USB controller or two. And I did add an extra network card as it's a bridge to the other machines (long story to do with monitoring the internet uplink getting too clogged up in Boinc LHC tasks). But I can't see an extra 35 devices being on PCI Express. In fact CPUs don't support that many!

I seem to remember at least one of the other numbers being used in v7. I've upgraded them all so I can't check.

I wish I hadn't googled it, see if you can understand this: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/q ... cie-bridge
Hou5e

Post by Hou5e »

If it's Folding, then it's probably OK. You can see the actual value being used, if you want to check it: open up the Device Manager in Windows, expand the 'Display Adapters' section, right-click properties on a video card, click the 'Details' tab, and select 'Bus Number' from the Properties List. Your motherboard manufacturer could have started numbering them at some arbitrary number like 36 or something.

If you want to check the log files from FAH v7, they were copied over to the new Data folder location: C:\ProgramData\FAHClient\logs from: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\logs.

The FAH v7 configuration settings file (config.xml) was also copied over to the new data location of: C:\ProgramData\FAHClient, if you want to see what the settings were before (or if you wanted to go back to FAH v7).
Last edited by Hou5e on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

While trying to get remote access to work, I tried deleting that config.xml. Yet it still knew my username and other details contained inside it?
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

Once you’ve started v8, anything exposed in Web Control settings is stored in client.db.

For those settings, anything in config.xml is a first-run default value.
Hou5e

Post by Hou5e »

Also, in the FAHv7 log files, the startup *** System *** message says what the 3 numbers are for the GPU. Example:

Code: Select all

12:49:30:          GPU 0: Bus:4 Slot:0 Func:0 NVIDIA:8 GA102 [GeForce RTX 3080 Lite Hash Rate]
12:49:30:FS00:Initialized folding slot 00: gpu:4:0 GA102 [GeForce RTX 3080 Lite Hash Rate]
Slot and Function are typically always 0 on my PCs. But, if you had a GTX 690 (2 GPUs on the same card, and it could appears as multiple logical devices to the OS), then that would probably have a '0' and a '1' function entries.
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

I have three cards on a quad riser multiplexer connected to the same single lane of the same PCI Express socket. They get different bus numbers, so it seems that number is not a physical lane, but something mapped in software. Although I'm surprised a dual GPU behaves differently to a quad riser.