Scientific magazines. Publications.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

FrancoV78

Scientific magazines. Publications.

Post by FrancoV78 »

Hi everyone.
I've been doing folding@home since 2000. I've had some moments that I've had to interrupt lately for health reasons and because the current is too high to pay but now it's lowered again.
But I didn't know that it was so important what I did, not up to this point.
I learned on "chat gpt" that they have published results in as many as 10 scientific journals.
Are these:
natures
Science
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)
Journal of Molecular Biology
structure
Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation
Biophysical Journal
Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS)
Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics
BMC Bioinformatics
So all the scientists in the world can develop cures with the work we do. Phenomenal. I wanted to let you know in case you didn't know. It's too strong. I didn't know I was so useful. is that I can never get someone to do folding@home. They never want to, I don't know why.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Scientific magazines. Publications.

Post by toTOW »

If you are looking for published articles, here's the official source : https://foldingathome.org/papers-results/?

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
FrancoV78

Post by FrancoV78 »

But why are there no more links on the Papers & Results page?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

You can find more complete articles in the news page : https://foldingathome.org/news/

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
nchowlett
Hardware configuration: Modified 'mining' rig with 4 parallel GPUs. For more info check out this article: https://tessellate.science/microscoped- ... ercomputer

Post by nchowlett »

FrancoV78 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:40 pm I've had some moments that I've had to interrupt lately for health reasons and because the current is too high to pay but now it's lowered again.

They never want to, I don't know why.
Thanks Franco for bringing up this engagement issue. I've read wider empirical studies that suggest, like you (I assume?), the people (in)directly affected by diseases contribute the most. I'd tentatively suggest (to get the ball rolling) these folks 'realise' the hardship that can be caused, and the emotional effects that it causes on them.

Maybe F@H, or we, should run some studies that aim to pinpoint how F@H can cut thru all the other noise/BS (social media that employs Neuro-marketing techniques to dumb you down)?