PPD half what it used to be

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Peter_Hucker

PPD half what it used to be

Post by Peter_Hucker »

Not sure if this is to do with the beta, but over at curecoin they've informed me I seem to be getting half the PPD I used to (as in a few weeks back). But I'm using the same hardware, and completing the same number of WUs per day. Where was that page I was given before to check every WU is validated ok?
Peter_Hucker

Re: PPD half what it used to be

Post by Peter_Hucker »

Also I see bonus 0 against all my latest work units at https://apps.foldingathome.org/cpu - I thought bonus was given out if I completed before the timeout? I always do that.
jonault

Post by jonault »

You have to successfully return at least 80% of your work units to get the bonus. If you suddenly stop getting it, I would first check to make sure your passkey is still correct, then I would take a look at your log files from the last few weeks to see if you suddenly started dumping a bunch of work units.

It looks like the drop in points happened at the same time you started switching user ids, so I'd double check to make sure you didn't inadvertently change something else in your configuration at the same time you entered the new id.
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

I'll assume I went below 80% when I was trying GPUs on different machines, and may have dumped a fair number on computers which no longer had GPUs.

There's also a bug if you put more GPUs in a machine than the number of cores in the CPU (it's logged in Github and Joseph Coffland is looking into it), so a lot got dumped there. It was repeatedly downloading 64 core tasks because it thought I had 42 billion CPU cores - I'm guessing a negative number problem.