Feature Request: Better Status panel.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

zexmaxwell

Feature Request: Better Status panel.

Post by zexmaxwell »

I really wish client status list would be clearer at a glance. my second folding PC is showing "online" when it clearly shows something is wrong in the details. Can we get this updated for sys admins?

My room is always Hot.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Feature Request: Better Status panel.

Post by Joe_H »

Further development on the v7 client is currently not expected, the v8 Open Beta is out and being used.

As for the FAHControl display you show, you appear to misunderstand what is being shown. The "Client" line is correctly showing that the network connection to that system is present and the client there is online and running. The "Failed" states applies to your two GPU slots on FAHU, its CPU slot is running fine.

Any information on why the GPU slots have been set to "Failed" would be in the log. That is usually after failing to process several WUs in a row. You will need to correct the problem and restart to fold on those GPUs again. My guess, you left Window Update active including the drivers and they were updated by a download from MS which did not include full support.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
zexmaxwell

Post by zexmaxwell »

Joe_H wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:57 pm Further development on the v7 client is currently not expected, the v8 Open Beta is out and being used.

As for the FAHControl display you show, you appear to misunderstand what is being shown. The "Client" line is correctly showing that the network connection to that system is present and the client there is online and running. The "Failed" states applies to your two GPU slots on FAHU, its CPU slot is running fine.
Thus the need for my request. How do I know if my "Client" is working properly? how do I know when I need to check on that PC when the status doesn't tell me. do I need to actively click on each client every day? sure, in my case I only need to check on one other PC. but do you really expect one University admin to take minutes a day to click on every single client when they have to look at a hundreds of them? that is precious time that could be spend elsewhere as well as wasted potential work because a Client is only working at 1/4 of the potential.

ok v7.x is no longer in dev, that is fine. but I haven't had the chance to look at v8.x yet to see if that is there. regardless, its a feature that would be needed even in that.
My room is always Hot.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

You can use HFM for instance : viewtopic.php?t=9903

It can even export to a web server to generate a page that is always available ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.