missing points from all projects 19600 since yesterday

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

TheWolf

Re: missing points from all projects 19600 since yesterday

Post by TheWolf »

I found a temp fix: by changing the "click configure" then "advanced" then change from ANY or from Cancer to Alzheimer's.
This has worked for me on 6 Nvidia video cards. I am using the old way with FAFClient and FAHControl to configure.
Not sure how this is done on the web based client. May you @Joe_H can explain a fix for that in the section we were posting too.
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... s=&t=13285
https://prnt.sc/hmmDh8tM6w-g
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

Don't worry, all point will show up as soon as the link between the server and the stats system is restored ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
TheWolf

Post by TheWolf »

Yes toTow this was my first thought and the reasion I didn't report this sooner thinking it was a problem with EOC stats server.
But normally EOC shows zero points after a update in the past when it had problems. So I thought it was a problem with the
WU server and still could be on part of both it and EOC?
mattifolder

Post by mattifolder »

Joe_H wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:20 pm I have access to a different graph that shows the total points and hours being logged by the stats database, that does not show such a dip. I suspect there is also a problem with generating the flat files that EOC downloads to use for its stats display.
I compared the totally points and workunits from FAH and EOC at 1st missing points, they where equal. I'll do that again at next EOC stats update. By comparing of FAH log details ad EOC stats exactly the points from all 19600 projects since start of the problem are missing. So I don't think, that is not a problem of EOC database (https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... =&u=371390) because the points also missing in FAH user stats (https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/id/15961). The actually difference is normal, because the periodic cycle of updates is 3 hours and next stats update at EOC runs in 35 minutes.
For me the missing points are only secondary problem. I hope computed data were not completely destroyed and may be used in scientiffic work.
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

From jcoffland:
Somehow the permissions on a directory on that server were changed. This is preventing stats from downloading the points log. I've asked the server admin to correct the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. No points have been lost.
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
TheWolf

Post by TheWolf »

Thank rhavern for posting! Looking forward to a huge spike in points. ;)

https://prnt.sc/V6tuQpCWGuQv
mattifolder

Post by mattifolder »

rhavern wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:04 pm From jcoffland:
Somehow the permissions on a directory on that server were changed. This is preventing stats from downloading the points log. I've asked the server admin to correct the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. No points have been lost.
Thank you very much ! That are good news. :D I mean, data not lost is good. But false permissions to a directory at the server are not so good.
At my work I have to maintain linux servers. Not so far away we had a server application, which directory rights were partially corrupted. It's not so easy to find out such problems.
mattifolder

Post by mattifolder »

I think i see my missing points in stats of EOC. And so they also have to be in stats of FAH, which is the real source. Thanks at all !
TheWolf

Post by TheWolf »

Two more updates have passed with no new updates or spikes.
The one at 12pm today with the big spike is only about a little over 2 days work not counting the points I made for that 3 hour span today.
I hope there is more to come? Because that is about half of my missing points. :eo
https://prnt.sc/rnRiTqDfjBoi
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Post by BobWilliams757 »

TheWolf,

What about the huge spike at 12 PM? That is when my points for 19600 hit, and your number of work units and points rewarded spiked considerably. Keep in mind that though 19600 for most is a very high PPD project, it's also very short and thus the number of awarded points is small. On my system the only work units giving less points are CPU work units.
Fold them if you get them!
TheWolf

Post by TheWolf »

If you look at my WU count you will see on avg. I turn 150 WU's per day. The missing WU for me started on the 9th.
On the 13 at last update by EOC I reconfig all my clients so they got WU's from servers other than 201.
As you can see my WU count went back up somefrom then until the Spike showed up.
A drop down from 150 WU's to 13 on the 12th. That's way more than any 350 WU's that has shown up.
https://prnt.sc/rnRiTqDfjBoi
TheWolf

Post by TheWolf »

To add to this the points are stilll coming in at the 9pm update. So looking much better.
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Post by BobWilliams757 »

It was just a suggestion, I don't have your exacts. Do you use HFM to monitor your work units? I do and took a quick look, all of my project 19600s that were missing showed up.
Fold them if you get them!
TheWolf

Post by TheWolf »

I have used HFM in the past, but haven't had a look at it in a long while.
Last I used it they was having some problem with newer windows working correctly. w95 to w98 or was it to 2k lol its been a awhile.
After looking closer it looks like this started for me after the 9pm update on the 8th I just brushed that off as a being a slow day with 10 to 12 WU;s short.
TheWolf

Post by TheWolf »

Still looks abit short as of now but at least we now know some of the work was returned and could be useful to this project.