Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

kelliegang
Hardware configuration: L1:Dual Core 1.6ghz, 1GB Ram
L2:
PC1&2:P2 3.2ghz, 1GB Ram, Gforce 6800 :(
PS3

Re: Is there a shortage of A2 units? [Yes, at times]

Post by kelliegang »

You cant exactly kiss up to everyone who gets rubbed the wrong way and threatens to take their ball and run... 7im's post shouldnt have caused such a reaction when he was simply saying that the mix of work units changes continuously and people who've been folding for such a period of time on the high end of the scale should be aware of that fact.
The reactions in here are crazy, whether its points or dollars, theres no reason to hold a charity to ransom for the actions of another contributor or volunteer or because you're not getting your way. It simply makes no sense, there will always be hiccups and they wont be exactly fast to resolve when the real job of the administrators in the project is research, so long as WE can keep putting our spare processing power to use in some way, surely that is the goal and worth a bit of patience and understanding.
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

kelliegang wrote:You cant exactly kiss up to everyone who gets rubbed the wrong way and threatens to take their ball and run... his post shouldnt have caused such a reaction was was simply saying that the mix of work units changes continuously and people who've been folding for such a period of time on the high end of the scale should be aware of that fact.
The reactions in here are crazy, whether its points or dollars, theres no reason to hold a charity to ransom for the actions of another contributor or volunteer. It simply makes no sense.
I agree, and I'm not asking him to bend over and I fully expect 7im to understand what I'm trying to do ;)

Seems to not work on you, sorry for that. Adding humor sarcasm and generic nonsense to this thread I hope will only make you people wonder wth you're creating an argument for anyway. It's not needed, and it's better to just back out of such a thread and let everyone in their value ( or if you want to look at it diffrently ) take a step sideways and let the other stand in his own mess :lol:

Come on, there is no need to continue to get emotional about this, I can assure you 7im isn't here to make fun of you or insult you or talk down to you in any way. Things got misconsived/misinterpreted that's all.

Edit: your ninja edit is btw wrong, the admins of this forums main focus point is this forum and the communication with donors and pg. It's the PG members which do the actual research. That's also why I raised the issue about being gentle, to both sides. It is part of keeping donors happy, and personal dislikes/disputes/annoyances should never interfere. I know I'm expecting more from people then I know to expect from myself, I can get pretty carried away, and have had times where an internet dispute got the hairs in my neck upright and I would have given anything to be able to pull a person through the screen and slap some sence into him ( tough talk btw, easy on the net, as I'm not that fit :lol: ). But I wouldn't want to see any event like this to depreciate someone's intrest in this project, so even when I'm really just a nobody I try to defuse it abit, something I'm probably not really good in or you would have understood my previous post in the manner it was ment ).

Now, can we close this discussion with the notion that no harm has been done, no animals have been violated and more wu's need to folded for the greater good :?:
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

MtM wrote:
7im wrote:Pande Group values very highly each and everyone's dedication and their contributions to the project.

But getting upset about a fluctuation in points is like getting upset about the weather. Neither is productive.
7im your own comparison put's you in bad daylight as complaints about the weather are as common as apple pie :lol:
Sorry, but your comment proves my point, which would seem to put it in a good light. The complaints about points ARE just as common as the complaints about the weather, and neither does any good, nor does it change the weather or change the points. ;)

Just hard cold facts, there is no harmful intent behind them.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.