cancel my WU

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

spazzychalk

cancel my WU

Post by spazzychalk »

i pulled one of my computers out of storage so i could upload the finished WU sitting on it from before i moved but after the internet was shut off. when turning on the computer I kept right clicking the client pause work but it wouldnt do anything, so i plugged in the net and it downloaded a new unit first before uploading (if it wasnt expired). anyway the computers back in storage. please cancel this unit so it goes back onto the server to someone who will get it done.

Project: 4458 (Run 359, Clone 0, Gen 11)
[16:12:00]
[16:12:00] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[16:12:00] Entering M.D.
[16:12:07] Protein: p4458_Seq51_Amber03
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: cancel my WU

Post by 7im »

Sorry, there is no method for cancelling a work unit. It will either need to be processed, or it will have to wait to expired in a few months, and be sent back out.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Project 4458 has a Preferred Deadline of 43 days so the "few months" is more like 6 weeks.
Amaruk

Post by Amaruk »

7im wrote:Sorry, there is no method for cancelling a work unit. It will either need to be processed, or it will have to wait to expired in a few months, and be sent back out.
If you do decide to process this WU, using the -oneunit flag will prevent the situation you encountered. The client will finish the current WU and shut down after uploading.

If for any reason the WU fails to upload before it shuts down, running the client with the -send all flag to upload without getting more work. If initial attempt to return work is not successful, this can be repeated as neccessary.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

bruce wrote:Project 4458 has a Preferred Deadline of 43 days so the "few months" is more like 6 weeks.
Eh, what's a week or two? By the time it goes back out, and gets processed, it certainly could be actual months. But hopefully it will go back out to a fast computer, and only take 6 weeks plus a few days. ;)
DanGe
Hardware configuration: 2018 Mac Mini / MacOS Catalina
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 (eGPU via Sonnet Breakaway Box 550)
3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Post by DanGe »

In addition, to -oneunit, you could also right-click the icon and select "Pause when done". The only catch is that the option doesn't save, as opposed to -oneunit, after shutting down the client.
7im

Post by 7im »

You could always drop the console fah client in to that same folder, and finish the WU in console mode. Then it doesn't start up when Windows starts, and you get the chance to set whatever switches you want to use.
spazzychalk

Post by spazzychalk »

i tried the -oneunit switch and the right click pause work before i plugged in the internet cable. also pause work when done. the regular pause work immediately wouldnt even check because the unit in the hole was already finished. did it on both machines, both did the same thing. one of them is fast enough (2.4ghz) for me to wait out unhooking it. less than two days it looks like. the other machine is a 766 running the same project # lol.