I can't get a passkey from you guys... Hotmail and Gmail

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

JohnnyB

I can't get a passkey from you guys... Hotmail and Gmail

Post by JohnnyB »

Hi there!

Apparently I've been living under a rock, cause just yesterday I've heard about F@H, and instantly joined. :D

I'm trying since yesterday to get a passkey to Hotmail and Gmail with no luck, yet the registration mail for this forum was instant...
Am I doing something wrong :?: :!:

Thanks in advance!
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: I can't get a passkey from you guys... Hotmail and Gmail

Post by toTOW »

Since you're not the first having issues with passkey retrieval, I'm escalating the issue to the developer.

You may eventually get it with a lot of delay ... let us know if it happens.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

At the moment I'm waiting 22 hours on Hotmail and around 10 on Gmail...
Will let you know when I'll receive one or the other

UPDATE: after 20 hours more waiting, still nothing... Gonna try to ask for the key again
UPDATE2: 22-ish hours on top of everything, and still didn't receive anything... I'm starting to think I'll never get the passkey... Any ideas?
UPDATE3: Just got it on both mails
FINAL UPDATE: After entering the passkey my stats got reset to 0...

Thanks!
Last edited by JohnnyB on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
tsuckow

Post by tsuckow »

I've been getting mine sent to me repeatedly for the last few hours, about 2 hours between each time and I only requested once
d3s

Post by d3s »

same with me, tried today 2 gmail addresses and one outlook without receiving passkey.
Praetorian

Post by Praetorian »

Hi, I have the same issue! I thought that something went wrong so I tried to re-do the process but it replied that an email was already sent within the previous 4 hours. Yet, no e-mail has arrived (not in spam or other inbox folder). My e-mail is on Gmail.
stogdan

Post by stogdan »

toTOW wrote:Since you're not the first having issues with passkey retrieval, I'm escalating the issue to the developer.

Same issue here. Nothing received all day to gmail address.
laundmo

Post by laundmo »

same here, requested passkey first time 10 hours ago, and 2 tiems since then. none of the passkey emails arrived.
GeneEilebrecht

Post by GeneEilebrecht »

I just wanted to add that I am having the same issue, so it's not an isolated case.
csimokat

Post by csimokat »

toTOW wrote:Since you're not the first having issues with passkey retrieval, I'm escalating the issue to the developer.

Similar situation tried requesting last night nothing has arrived. Tried again just now still waiting. I know the PassKey site says wait 4 hours between requests so will keep waiting.

Is it possible to add a PassKey to the clients later? I get that would mean not getting credit for WU's for now, but if I can get credit for work I do later on I think it is more important to unleash my GPU's sooner than later.
olywadrew

Post by olywadrew »

I got mine, about 20 hrs on gmail
LRFLEW

Post by LRFLEW »

I've tried repeatedly to get a passkey for the last day or so. First attempt used an old AOL account I usually use for this sort of thing. When it didn't go through, I figured it was AOL being its terrible self and blocked it as spam. I then tried Gmail, as I've usually had more luck with it. When THAT didn't go through, I checked around and found the Tweet about how Google and Yahoo were blocking them as possible spam. My last attempt was using a personal domain I have that uses a CPanel/WHM mail server that has reliably let through even the most obvious and blatant spam, and it still hasn't gone through after a few hours. I'll be keeping an eye on all the emails, but there seems to be something going on with all of this.
mcoo

Post by mcoo »

I, on the other side, receive the same passkeys every day multiple times. I'd like to stop receiving them....
rhavern

Post by rhavern »

csimokat wrote:

Similar situation tried requesting last night nothing has arrived. Tried again just now still waiting. I know the PassKey site says wait 4 hours between requests so will keep waiting.

Is it possible to add a PassKey to the clients later? I get that would mean not getting credit for WU's for now, but if I can get credit for work I do later on I think it is more important to unleash my GPU's sooner than later.
Yes you can add the passkey later. You will still get credit but not the bonus points until you complete 10 WU with the passkey.
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
tsuckow

Post by tsuckow »

I'm still getting my passkey emailed to me every 30-200 minutes despite only requesting it once. Probably not helping the delays.