F@H program not starting at all

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

KetchupFTW

F@H program not starting at all

Post by KetchupFTW »

My folding application suddenly stopped working today. When I click on the .exe shortcut my browser command pops up but then is unable to connect, because the program isn't running in the background. There's no trace of it somewhat working either (in taskmanager). Just nothing happens. I tried restarting the computer and downloaded the latest version of F@H but neither worked. Help would be appreciated.
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Re: F@H program not starting at all

Post by PantherX »

Welcome to the F@H Forum KetchupFTW,

Can you please post the log file assuming that you haven't uninstalled the application and deleted the data files? Ensure you include the first 100 lines which will inform us of what the system configuration is and what the client settings are. If you require guidance, please view this topic: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=26036

Also, was there any change in the system, i.e. Windows update, upgraded hardware, etc. that could potentially impact your system?
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
bruce

Post by bruce »

I'm going to assume you're running Windows (at least until you post your log)

Do not attempt to start FAH by clicking on the .exe. A shortcut was provided by the install which enables FAH to find its working files. You need to use it. If you don't use it, you'll end up with permissions conflicts a potenetially working files in a variety of places.

By far the best option is to install FAH so it starts when you reboot and you leave it running. If you want to suspend FAH's compute prcessing, use FAHControl or WebControl. FAHClient is designed to be a service and it's only function is uploading/downloaing work, which is will do only when the computations are finished. When you Pause the WUs, FAHClient will not be using any resources.
KetchupFTW

Post by KetchupFTW »

I tried a second reinstall this time removing all data. This actually worked and my client is up and running again! Want to thank you for all feedback regardless.